Sunday, November 16, 2014

Resource Spreadsheet -- The Super Garden Calculator

I built this tool to help me wrap my head around what I needed to do to produce all the food needed for my family and 2 dogs.

Fortunately, the dogs love Zuchinni of which I had 10 plants.

This spreadsheet provide information on number of plants needed, customizable for number of people, and a "like" factor based on whether you want more of a vegetable or less.

It also gives you plant spacing data, and plant height so you can plan your layout (tall stuff goes to north side)

And it calculates the total square footage needed, including room for walkways and tools and such.

No wonder the neighbors call me "Super Garden Guy" LOL

Enjoy, I will maybe improve this spreadsheet in spring.    Bottom line...it worked, besides buying occasional protein (chicken, milk, beer) this garden did achieve the goal of producing all our food.

I think I saw some TSA drones over the garden (Tomato Surveillance Agency)

How much to plant for a year of food

Planting timeframes et al




stock out

5 comments:

  1. Thanks this is very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks stock for All your support and hard work for the good cause that you do did

    Peace§Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, stock. How do I get the "Basic Crops" diagram to go larger? When I click on it, it goes to another Window but it's still hard to read. And I want to read it and print it out because that's a great resource diagram you created!

    I'm actually on vaycay as I write this, but I wanted to be sure to tell you that your intelligence and good-character come through in your blog and posts, and I am grateful for all of your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doh! I figured out how to make it larger. Thank you again. It's great.

      Delete
  4. Title: "Small Space Permaculture Food Forest Garden on 1/4 Acre Home Lot"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFDuM2P1E-Q

    Thanks to stock for coinkydinky linky!

    Playlist: "How to create a food forest"
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6CA23248438104D

    I miss my days on the commercial vegetable farm. Food for thought. sigh.

    ReplyDelete